Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus Costumes

This week I have been making Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus costumes for Amelie and Clementine (for Clementine's upcoming 2nd Birthday!)

I used a vintage pattern (below right) for the sailor collar and made up the skirt section!


Here are the dresses before I added the bows:



And here are the dresses with bows and collars modelled by some AWESOME Sailor Scouts:




Here they are 'inspecting' the costumes AKA already starting to pull them apart!




 "I am Sailor Moon, the champion of justice. In the name of the moon, I will right wrong and triumph over evil... and that means you!"

As you might have realised by now, our girls LOVE Sailor Moon - Amelie loves Sailor Venus the best and Clementine is a Sailor Moon girl!

The costumes turned out really well, the only concern is they JUST fit over their heads - so I am hoping they have stopped growing for a bit! 

Now I just have to make little tiaras and I am done!

Comments

  1. Ok, it's official! We must have been separated at birth - I made a sailor moon outfit for myself to wear to my 'superhero, villains and masked crusaders' 21st birthday party. We obviously have such similar taste.

    The girls outfits are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s I should clarify, my 21st was (unfortunately) 13 years ago...but I still have a soft spot for Sailor Moon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Our daughters too....Clementine is going to have a Dora Birthday this week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts